DOUBLE EXPOSURE ACADEMY welcomes a diverse cross-section of the academic population: graduate and undergraduate students studying documentary film, investigative journalism, and more broadly cinema or media studies, who will uniquely benefit from this introduction to the industry.
In 2018, 52 students and faculty from 12 different programs around the country participated in Double Exposure Academy. Schools ranged from Columbia University, George Mason University and the University of Missouri to American University, Northwestern University, CUNY Purchase and the University of Maryland among others.
Participating students and faculty receive a discounted All Access Pass, which provides admission to:
- All regular Film screenings and post-screening discussions;
- Three days of professional symposium panels and workshops;
- Brown bag lunch conversation with a leading filmmaker, journalist or industry professional, curated exclusively for participants;
- New this year: “Story Doctor” where film students (and journalism students working on the visual realm) show their work in progress and receive industry feedback;
- DX Pro Bono Legal Clinic;
- DXA Pitch Training sessions before industry insiders, with the opportunity to receive expert feedback;*
- DX Access — pre-arranged one-on-one meetings with industry insiders;**
- All networking events, and includes complimentary breakfast and lunch at the symposium.