About Double Exposure Investigative Film Festival
100Reporters is a news organization that marries the standards, skills and ethics of traditional journalism to the new media landscape. It gathers a corps of award-winning journalists and those in places that do not tolerate a free press to report on corruption and hold government accountable. 100Reporters also presents the annual Double Exposure Investigative Film Festival and Symposium, the nation’s first and only festival dedicated to investigative storytelling on film. The fourth edition will take place October 10-14, 2018, in Washington, DC.
Double Exposure seeks a Volunteer Manager, who would be responsible for overseeing and managing all volunteer recruitment efforts, management and scheduling during the festival. The Volunteer Manager performs all duties and responsibilities under the guidance and supervision of Festival Co-directors and the Festival Manager.
We’re looking for someone who is highly organized, detail-oriented, and calm under pressure. A commitment to excellent communication, dependability, strong work ethic, ambassadorship, and confidentiality are essential. Candidates will be team-oriented, self-motivated, and should demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills. It is important to have past experience working in a fast-paced environment and have demonstrated ability to multitask and juggle rapidly shifting priorities, and a track record in volunteer management is preferred. The successful candidate will be enthusiastic and compelled by the mission of the festival and symposium. The Volunteer Manager must be available to work the entire week of the festival, Monday, October 8, through Sunday, October 14.
- Recruit and organize volunteers for all departments of Double Exposure and work closely with each department to assess their volunteer needs during the festival;
- Schedule, coordinate, and manage all volunteers across venues to ensure successful support of festival production;
- Manage the Double Exposure volunteer database;
- Develop application, instruction manual, and other pertinent information for Double Exposure volunteers;
- Arrange and coordinate training across departments where volunteers are needed (e.g. theatre management, box office, hospitality, etc.);
- Attend once weekly festival staff meetings;
- Conduct a volunteer open recruitment session prior to the film festival and symposium;
- Work closely with the Double Exposure publicity and marketing staff to coordinate outreach to community groups and media regarding volunteer recruitment activities;
- Research and place free recruitment advertisements with appropriate and respected local media outlets;
- Oversee final scheduling and phone outreach to volunteers;
- Manage setup of festival call center, volunteer headquarters;
- Manage volunteer check-in table throughout festival;
- Plan and organize the Double Exposure staff and volunteer appreciation post-festival gathering;
- Provide a comprehensive wrap report and submit to the Festival Manager prior to exit;
- All job specific reports and files must be organized and turned in to the Festival Manager;
- All other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit and manage large numbers of volunteers;
- Familiarity with DC Metro Area to facilitate outreach to the community for volunteer prospects
- Proven ability to handle numerous details, with appropriate follow up and reporting activities;
- Superior database management and computer skills, with expertise in Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and Eventbrite;
- Marketing or community outreach experience a plus;
- Ability to deal with a wide variety of personalities and individuals representing various skill sets and experience;
- Must demonstrate a friendly and cooperative attitude with volunteers, vendors, fellow staff, donors, sponsors, and event guests;
- College degree preferred.
Please email a cover letter highlighting relevant experience and explaining your interest in working at Double Exposure with a resume to jobs@100R.org with the subject line: Volunteer Manager.
100Reporters is an equal opportunity employers.
Donor Relations Specialist
100Reporters seeks an experienced, self-starting, creative Donor Relations Specialist to craft and execute a strategic plan for outreach to major donors (over $5,000) for the Double Exposure Investigative Film Festival and Symposium, and to build the infrastructure necessary to manage, sustain and continually improve on the results of those efforts. The organization seeks a consultant based in Washington, DC, who will be instrumental in creating a sound financial footing for this thriving new festival at the crossroads of investigative journalism and visual storytelling.
- Participate in formulating and executing a strategic development and outreach plan that will maximize financial support and external recognition of 100Reporters and the Double Exposure Investigative Film Festival and Symposium;
- Identify and cultivate high net worth individuals interested in the mission of Double Exposure;
- Build the infrastructure to capture, manage, sustain and add to new funding streams;
- Gift recording and acknowledgement, tracking contact with donors;
- Work closely with 100Reporters’ leadership team and board, including developing their effectiveness with potential funders.
- A track record of success in creating and executing strategic fundraising and development plans focusing on individual donors. Experience doing so in start-ups and/or non-traditional organizations a plus;
- Outstanding writing, speaking and people skills, including a strong commitment to behaving ethically;
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively, manage multiple tasks in a highly organized, detail-oriented manner, and thrive in the fast-paced environment represented by new, cause-oriented organizations;
- Superb organizational skills, flexibility; detail-oriented with strong follow-through and ability to meet tight deadlines;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and fundraising database management;
- Entrepreneurial spirit;
- A background in or strong commitment to investigative journalism and/or filmmaking;
- A commitment to diversity, and appreciation for differences of race, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ability and socio-economic circumstance;
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred.
Please email a resume and cover letter highlighting relevant experience to jobs@100R.org with the subject line: Donor Relations Specialist.
100Reporters is an equal opportunity employer.
Revenue and Sponsorship Sales Consultant
The Revenue and Sponsorship Sales Consultant is responsible for managing the overall Double Exposure sponsorship program, identifying sponsorship opportunities, soliciting all sponsorship deals, and maximizing sponsorship revenue by targeting various companies, organizations and associations. The manager attends team meetings and sales update meetings as required.
- Review existing sponsorship structure and identify new opportunities for sponsorship revenue, consistent with organization’s mission;
- Research and develop a list of potential sponsors for Double Exposure;
- Utilize telephone solicitation, electronic correspondence and face-to-face meetings as tools in order to reach targeted revenues for the festival;
- Negotiate sponsorships and review all deals. Secure approval for any departures from pre-approved rights and benefits;
- Research and develop a list of potential partners when required;
- Develop and maintain relationships with existing and potential sponsorship clients and partners;
- Keep precise records of conversations with all clients, sponsors and partners;
- Update internal database as required;
- Invoice sponsors once agreements have been reached;
- Maintain knowledge of festival timelines and sponsorship deadlines;
- Ensure the successful delivery of festival benefits to secured sponsors;
- Meet with trade and professional organizations and other groups to organize, promote and discuss Double Exposure;
- Professionally represent Double Exposure.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate customer needs and resolve issues independently;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills along with a strong, persuasive personality;
- Professional, friendly, organized, energetic and determined approach in attempting to land sponsors;
- Demonstrated ability to establish and master goals;
- Minimum of 2 years experience in sourcing new sponsors;
- Demonstrated ability to identify and develop accounts;
- High level of attention to detail;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Demonstrated ability to act independently with minimal or no supervision;
- Servicing existing sponsors and developing other revenue streams;
- Demonstrated ability to build a rapport with partners quickly;
- In-depth understanding of the sponsorship industry;
- Business Administration or equivalent degree, with a minimum of 2 years experience in corporate sales;
- A reasonable combination of education and experience will also be considered.
- References required.
Please email a resume and cover letter highlighting relevant experience to jobs@100R.org with the subject line: Revenue and Sponsorship Sales Consultant.
100Reporters is an equal opportunity employer.